Businesses for Babies Toolkit
Supporting parents helps build a strong future workforce
- Family-friendly policies help with employee recruitment
- Family-friendly policies help with employee retention
- Child care challenges impact employment, especially for mothers
- Child care challenges disproportionately impact lower-wage employees (of which women of color are disproportionately represented)
- COVID-19 has amplified child care challenges for most families
Business leaders can contribute to transforming this reality – whether through community involvement or using their voice to advocate in Tallahassee and statewide.
Bosses for Babies is an initiative that brings together business champions for early childhood, highlighting the many ways companies can make an impact and inspiring others to take action. These Bosses understand that investing in young children and families is an investment both in their bottom line and in community prosperity.